Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!



I wish that I could post a picture of Kasia sitting down at the Thanksgiving Day table with a plate full of turkey and stuffing, and talk about how she got food all over her mouth and clothes.  Unfortunately, I can't because she just wouldn't sit down at the table, and she sure wouldn't eat anything.  Sadly, Kasia is getting a new molar, and on Thanksgiving it was really bothering her.  So what made her feel better?  Pool!  She must have stood at that pool table for hours just rolling the balls back and forth.  It may not have put anything in her belly, but it did keep her from screaming.  And when she got tired of pool, she moved on to: 

SLOTS!

That's right, if it involved gambling in any way, Kasia was all about it on Thanksgiving.  It made her happy, and were all thankful for something.  Kasia was thankful for having something to play with, and I was thankful that Kasia is too young to gamble with real money.  Though in here defense, on the slot machine, she was winning quite a bit.  She may just pay off for us yet.

As for the rest of us, we had a great dinner over at Kaye and Ron's house and stuffed ourselves silly.  My personal favorite of the day was Kim's sweet potato dish.  I never thought (I mean, ever) that my favorite dish at Thanksgiving would involve sweet potatoes, but I am in the South now...  and I'm getting more southern every day.

No comments: