Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Sports Curse

It's a known fact that whatever team I cheer for will inevitably lose.  It's been so well tested, that during the NFL playoffs, I actually publicly cheered for the team I wanted to lose... and sure enough, they lost.  

Is it just a coincidence that Davidson College lost as soon as I put up a post about how they were the Cinderella story of the NCAA Tournament, and I was hoping they'd go all the way.  Then they lost.  So I wrote a post about how I was cheering for UNC.  And they lost their next game.  I also made mention that the only good professional team we had was our hockey team.  And they lost their next few games.  

Finally, in an off-hand comment, I said that the UNC women's team was still going strong.  But that was their downfall, and they lost their next game.  The curse continues.

Now you know why the Cubs can never have a winning season.  So, GO YANKEES!

No comments: