Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our House Guests Multiplied

Well, it didn't take long for our feathered friend to make a family in our hanging flowers.  I went out there the other day just to check on the progress, and there were two other little ones now sharing the nest with mom.  Though, to call them "little" is a bit of a stretch.  They're nearly grown enough that they need to be kicked out of the nest and told to go make it on their own.  But, like some stubborn college graduate, they want to keep living at home on their parent's money.

I decided to help out the process.  While doing some gardening work (and that's a stretch as well) I accidentally bumped my head into the flower pot, thus startling the entire family.  The next thing I know, everyone has fled the nest, and the kids were trying to figure out how to fly.  That must have done the trick, because it's been a couple of days now, and they haven't returned.  I guess we can finally water our flowers again.

No comments: