Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Year!

I'm not really sure if there are many people who celebrate Leap Year, but when a day only makes an appearance once every four years, I feel that it's worth noting. My good friend Lori got married on Leap Year four years ago. Today, she's in Vegas to get her vows renewed by an Elvis impersonator. I say, good for her. I don't think any marriage is really complete unless The King was there to witness your vows.

Kasia got so excited about it being Leap Year, that she tried to do her own leaping. Alas, I fear that the best she could do was hop. We're members of a little play gym in Chesapeake called Little Birdies, and they have a giant inflatable bouncing room and slide. She and I both love to go there and jump around for awhile before climbing up the slide and leaping down. There's a lot of hopping and a lot of leaping involved.

So, whatever you decide to do this Leap Year, just remember to not jump to any conclusions! (in the comedy business, that joke is what we would call "a groaner"... for obvious reasons)

No comments: