Sunday, February 3, 2008

Change is Good

Welcome to the new website.  I know, I know, it's not as pretty or complex as the old one, but it is a lot easier to maintain.  Our old website was hosted through Apple's .Mac service, which has a yearly fee (that I'm too cheap to pay) and I could only update it from the same computer.  Plus, it loaded really slow which just irritated me.  So, since Google is slowly taking over the world anyway, I've decided to sell them my soul and use their services.  Again, it's not as pretty, but it's free and easy.  Gotta love it.

Our other big change here at the Southern Compound of the Gruetzmachers, is we finally installed our stairs to make an attic in our garage.  Kara's brother Shawn gave us the stairs as a wedding present, and while we've been meaning to get around to it, we just kept putting off.  The boxed up stairs were becoming a focal point to our garage decor.  But alas, we finally got off our rears (and when I say "we" I'm mainly referring to myself) and asked Shawn to come over and help us put these things in.

It took a couple of hours, but as you can see from the picture, it turned out really nice.  The stairs work great, and you wouldn't believe how much storage room we now have.  It's like we added another room on to our house.  That is, unless we're talking to somebody from the tax department, in which case, I think it actually lowered the value of our property.  Now all I need to do is lay a floor down up there.  In the end, hopefully, we'll be able to clear out our garage enough so that we can actually park a car in it.  I know, it's a crazy though, but a boy can dream, can't he?

No comments: