Monday, July 27, 2009

Posing for Pictures in Wisconsin

IMG_0629 IMG_0636

I remember as a kid that each time we left my grandparents’ house, we’d always have to pose for a few pictures before we left.  So we always had pictures of all of us together. 

It seems like since digital cameras have taken over, and you can taken hundreds of pictures for nothing, those posed pictures just don’t happen as much.  At least they don’t happen as much in my family.  So this last time we were up in Wisconsin, I made it a point to get everyone together and pose for pictures.  But I went all out.  I did it like the Japanese at Disney World, which means you get every possible combination of people in the photo as possible (Dad with Goofy, then Mom with Goofy, then each kid separate, then all the kids, then just the girls, then Dad and the girls… I swear, it was like a whole roll of film from just one family). 

In the end, I now have a bunch of pictures that I had been wanting for a long time.  I even got a picture of my dad with his brother.  I think the last picture I have of the two of them together, Dad still had hair.  It was that long ago.  

No comments: