Monday, July 27, 2009

Father-Son Bonding

IMG_0755

Dad and I spent a lot of time bonding while we were in Chicago.  We sat on the deck and did some reading together.  We talked about serious life issues over an adult beverage.  We even got the baseball gloves out and played a little catch.  “Go long Dad!  Great catch.”  But most importantly, we played a little Super Jock Super Toe together. 

Super Toe is the game that my parents got my brother for Christmas sometime in the early 80’s.  While putting it together, my dad decided to test it out.  He then proceeded to test it out for the next several hours, and kept testing it until it broke.  So to help him relive the good ole’ days, I got him his very own Super Toe for Christmas this year with the understanding that if he practices, we’d play.  And practice he did.

Dad’s skills have really improved over the years, and he was able to beat me in the tournament.  Though, I think he and Kasia were conspiring against me because every time it was my turn to kick, Kasia would rush over and try to swipe the ball away as I was about to kick it.  This made me rush nearly all of my shots.  Then when it was Dad’s turn, she mysteriously became really well behaved.  Funny.

I was able to come back in the end and at least win the “longest kick” competition. 

No comments: