Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Something Strange is Happening

Like most men in America, I was excited for the beginning of this year's football season.  I was ready for yet another year in which my teams that I want to win inevitably fail me somewhere down the road.  That's why I'm so tremendously freaked out by what happened in just the first week of football.  To recap:

  • The Carolina Panthers (the underdogs) win against San Diego with a last-second touchdown pass.
  • The Chicago Bears (the underdogs) beat the Indianapolis Colts and made sure the Peyton Manning and crew weren't going to have a perfect season.
  • The Green Bay Packers (the underdogs) defeat the Vikings at Lambeau without Brett Favre.
  • Brett Favre (age 38) comes out of retirement and leads the Jets to victory.
  • Tom Brady hurts himself and is out for the season.  Bad for Patriots fans, but good for everyone else.

Now I know that it's still the beginning of the season, but isn't it odd that every team that I wanted to win this week ACTUALLY won?  This is too great a phenomenon to be left to chance. 

No comments: