Thursday, June 12, 2008

Go Netherlands!!!


For those of you who don't know, and I'm guessing that's most of you, the Euro Cup 2008 is currently underway in Switzerland and Austria. While it's not a big deal for most of over here in the good ole U. S. A., it's a big deal overseas.


I've always been a big fan of the Netherlands for some reason, and have proudly cheered on the Oranje for a number of years now. They are one of the few sports teams that I actually own branded apparel. During the World Cup 2006, I was devastated when they were knocked out by Portugal (while managing to receive more red and yellow cards than any game I've ever heard of).


In the Euro Cup though, they are off to a much different start. They just defeated the world champions, Italy, 3-0, and they are now the favorites to win it all. Though, since I'm now writing about it, they'll probably lose three straight. I'll take my chances.

No comments: