Sunday, March 7, 2010

This Is Why I Worry

 

206302900212

Kasia has a friend named Devlin whom she gets together with quite frequently to play with.  He is also quickly becoming my biggest worry.

The other day Devlin and his sister Charlotte were over at our house playing.  Kasia and Devlin were up in Kasia’s room playing, while I was working on something in the office.  I then heard the pitter patter of Kasia’s feet coming down the stairs and running in to our kitchen.  Then, I heard Natalie (Devlin’s mom) say to Kasia, “Hi Kasia.  Does Devlin have his shirt off too?” 

What?!  I didn’t hear that right.  I couldn’t have heard that right.  So I went out to check, and sure enough.  There was Kasia with no shirt on.  She was giggling away and running around.  So did Devlin have his shirt on?  Yes, he did.  What was going on up in that room, I don’t know.  But what I do know is that I put Kasia’s shirt back on her right away and instructed her that she needed to keep her clothes on at all times.  Then I had a sit down with Devlin and let him know that there was to be no funny business going on in here.

Then as I left them to play, I told Kasia that she needed to keep the door open while they were playing in her room.  She told me that she needed to close and lock the door to “keep the monsters out.”  Yeah.  Right.  I tried that one on my mom when I was in high school, and it didn’t work then either. 

No comments: