Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Meet Michelle


The big news for us recently is that we now have a dog. Well, technically, we've always had a dog, but she was always living at Shawn's house. Years ago, Kara had rescued a stray dog and too her in. She and Kara were together for a long time, but when we got married, our apartment wasn't big enough for all of us. But now, Michelle is at our house, living with us full time.
This is all new for me since I've never lived with a dog before. It's not that I never wanted a dog, but my mother (who grew up with a dog) deprived me of one when I was a kid. I'm learning the ins and outs of dog ownership really fast, and I'm loving it. Kasia is also loving it, and poor Michelle is getting the full brunt of Kasia's affection. You see, Michelle is old. She's about 15 and at this stage in her life, just walking around is a chore. She really just wants to sleep a lot, and occasionally go out for a quick stroll. Kasia, at this stage of her life, wants a dog who will play with her. And she is adamant that Michelle will play with her. It doesn't always go over so well. It's just funny to watch Michelle try to sleep only to be startled awake by having Kasia put her in a headlock hug and shouting "OH MICHELLE! YOU'RE SO CUTE!" Then as Michelle gets up to walk away, Kasia thinks it's a game and follows her to keep playing. That poor old dog walks from room to room trying to find some peace, but just can never find it.
Maybe all this "playing" will make her feel young again. That, or it's going to kill her. Only time will tell.

No comments: