Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Verdict Is In

barney

Kasia has never been allowed to watch Barney.  I think one of my biggest fears of being a father was that I was going to get drowned in a sea of Barney.  I didn't want this to happen to our family, and so Kasia has always been under a strict Barney quarantine.  Inevitably though, she finally saw it.  And she loves it.

The strange thing is that I don't mind it so much.  I mean, yeah sure, he's a big purple dinosaur that's kind of creepy and annoying, but then isn't most of children's television?  He's a lot less creepy than the Wiggles.  And as far as the annoyingness factor goes, Dora the Explorer puts this guy to shame.  I'd rather watch a days worth of Barney than one episode of Dora in which she shouts through the whole thing.  If Dora were writing this post, she's use all caps because SHE ALWAYS TALKS REALLY LOUD!  ISN'T THAT RIGHT, BOOTS? 

So the final verdict is that Barney isn't as bad as I had always feared.  However, if I had a son instead, then I would have a bigger problem with it.  I wouldn't want my boy watching all that huggy kissy garbage that Barney spouts out.  But for Kasia, I don't mind it so much.

No comments: