Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The World Cup

In case you've been wondering what I've been doing since I last posted in the beginning of June, the answer is "Watching the World Cup." Every four years my life gets consumed by the greatest sporting event on the planet, and this year was no exception.
It's hard work keeping up with this tournament. For a couple weeks, I had to watch three games a day and then squeeze in the rest of my life between matches. It was pretty rough.
And while I am a Netherlands fan, and was thrilled that they went to the final, it was nice to see Spain win it all. They deserved it. Though, on a sad note, our air conditioner broke down during the final game between Netherlands and Spain. So while I thought I was just getting hotter because of the excitement on the field, it turns out that I was actually just getting hotter. I also discovered that it's no fun having your air conditioner go out when it's 90 and humid outside.

No comments: