Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Confusion at the Gruetzmacher's

There is a lot of confusion around our house today concerning food categories.  It all started last night when I read an interesting bit of trivia.  Apparently a raspberry is not really a berry.  And neither is a strawberry, but that technically a tomato is a berry.  Huh?
I mean, I knew a tomato was a fruit, despite the urge to say it's a vegetable, but a  strawberry isn't a berry?  Not only that, but banana's and grapes actually are berries.  
It only got weirder from there.  After trying to figure out why the strawberry isn't a berry, we discovered that bell peppers are actually fruits.  So are squash and cucumbers.  I always thought these things were vegetables.  
The world has gone completely topsy turvy for me where up is down and left is right.  Just too weird.

No comments: