Friday, March 30, 2007

First Blood: Part II



I had sent my men to get my revenge for having blood drawn on me. I hired a couple of ex-Soviet thugs to do their worst. Their mission was simple: get Kasia to apologize for making me bleed.
The storm outside was picking up in ferocity as my men went to work. Kasia was in her rocking chair, her head drooped down in exhaustion. It could all be over, whenever she wanted. All she had to do was talk into the microphone and apologize. Nothing fancy. Nothing too tough.
As the lightning flashed through the windows, her eyes were lit with a flash of fury. She grabbed the microphone in her sweaty palms and leaned into it. In a voice barely above a whisper, she began to speak.
“Daddy.... Daddy, I’m coming for you!”
I’m not sure what happened after that, but she must have had outside help. Both of my Soviet thugs were found dead the next day, and Kasia once again came after me.
Well, she did it again. Though not as dramatically as all that, she was able to once again pierce my skin and draw blood. This time though it was almost a little more vicious than the last time. Somehow she had found a broken stick that had at one time been a part of a puppet she has. The end had broken off and was rather sharp, so I decided that it was best if she didn’t play with it. As I went down to take it from her, she moved like a ninja. With one swift stroke, she jabbed my hand with her new found spear before crawling back to reestablish her fighting stance.
I glanced down as my palm and noticed that once again, I was bleeding. The little booger. That’s twice now that she’s gotten me. She even got her mother the other night by clawing her lip and drawing blood. This is getting out of hand.
So the tally is now up to three. Three times she has drawn the blood from her parents, and we have yet to get revenge. The question I now ask is, where do I find more ex-Soviet thugs?

No comments: