Sunday, September 7, 2008

Where Is FEMA?

 

IMG_1414 orleans_fema

Tropical Storm Hanna has gone, but in its wake, we live with the devastating damage.  It was like a war zone at our house.  The wind was furious, and the damage was severe.  We lost a shingle off the house.  As if THAT weren't bad enough, our neighbor's drain spout got knocked off.  I have a hard time even talking about it, that's how horrible it was.

The sad part is that once again, George Bush has failed us once again.  FEMA is no where to be found.  No trailers, no trucks with bottled water, no portable generators to help us get back on our feet.  We need FEMA down here now, and we need them to put this shingle back on our roof!

What's that?  You say we should just do it ourselves?  We shouldn't wait for some government organization to come and do all our work for us?  But that would be un-American.  Maybe if I make my story a little sadder, a little more depressing, I can make it on to CNN. 

Did I mention that it was a REALLY nice shingle that fell off?  My heart is broken.

No comments: